Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Shab row part 2

I'd like to start off by explaining why I went back to shab row. I feel it's only fair to review any restaurant twice. Not to make excuses for bad service or poor quality food but, sometimes you hit a place on a bad day and sometimes you get lucky at an average place

So with that out of the way I went back to shab row for lunch.
It was around 2p.m. And the place was clean and almost empty. Just three tables and me, I sat at the bar
I was pleased that the waiter remembered me and apologized for my last visit. He told me that restaurant week had kicked his butt and when I questioned him about my last visit he told me there were allot of issues going on behind the scene.

I told him I didn't need a menu I wanted there burger med/rare with the duck fat fries
This time I even got to choose some bread. I picked the olive bread which was thick and crusty but still very moist. It was complimented with a silver domed ramekin of good quality butter served correctly at room temperature

When the burger arrived it was gorgeous to look at. A big shiny artisan bun and BIG!
The meat is sheppard mansion farms ground sirloin and a half pound of it. Smothered with a nice onion chutney, aged white cheddar and some fantastic braised pork lardo in big browned,juicy slabs
I'll never be satisfied with mere bacon on my burger again.
Complimenting the burger was a side of tomato chutney and a paper cup overflowing with those magical duck fat fries.
I requested mayonnaise but was told they didn't have any, instead he brought me out a side od blue cheese aioli. Even better
The burger was cooked perfectly and way better then delicious. And those fries,oh those fries
It was absolutely delicious and my new favorite burger in Frederick or anywhere I can recall
I was way to full for desert so I picked up some gourmet beer to go(they have a very gourmet beer and wine store in the restaurant) the chef came out and I complimented him on a job well done and I will return soon. That goes to show you why I give restaurants I review a second chance.
Like I said in my first review. This place has potential

No comments:

Post a Comment