Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Restaurant week , shab row

Went to shab row for lunch today.
This place has potential, but,,,
No one was there to seat me and I had a reservation
Ten minutes later I approached to ONLY waiter on the floor. Nice enough kid but way overwhelmed
No bread or water and he was struggling to figure out what to do next. There were more people with menus then food(not a good sign)
The bartender finally came to my table to take my food order(no wine offerings or even what I wanted to drink?)
When the waiter realized I didn't have water he brought me a glass and I had to ask for a soda(5 minutes lateer that arrived
I was compelled to watch the debacle going on around me. Confused faces, hungry people, no food...it was a scene
When my salad did arrive it was brilliant. Frizze lettuce with a mustard horseradish dressing drizzled very sparingly, surrounded by ricotta and parmesan ouenettes and perfectly cooked sweetbreads( from the thiroid of the cow) they were amazing. I could of eaten an entire plate and been in food heaven
A while later the main course arrived. Beautifully and delicate raviolis(6) stuffed with a tangy and creamy local goat cheese and plated on chantrell mushrooms sauteed in garlic and a cream reduction. It was soooooo good until the last bite when I bit down on a twig of wood? and actually hurt my teeth. These thing just always seem to happen to me

Desert was the real deal breaker. I waited with no water or soda for over 20 minutes and then I got a desert I did not order. I ordered the chocolate, pistachio,mousse with chocolate dirt and tonk a bean ice cream and got some pineapple mango ice cream instead. I returned the desert and was given the correct on but it was tiny, tiny and delicious.

It took 95 minutes to have a 3 course meal that took about 4 minutes to eat. Thankfully they have there own parking so no meter charges

All in all there is great potential and I will return to review this restaurant again. It's only fair.
The thing I will get next time is there signature burger made with fresh local ground beef and served with pom fris (French fry) cooked in duck fat for only ten bucks.
When I do you'll be the first to know
Chef Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment